Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Revolutionary

When he's young he's full of fire and wind, with a vision of hope and change. 
He fights  
                             He pushes
                                                           and grasps whole hearted
                                                                                                          until finally, he turns the page.

But somewhere throughout the journey, or somewhere near the end,
                  our supposed hero lost his way, and his vision began to bend

"He was a good man most would say", but they emphasize in the "was"
                 because all voices now proclaim "monster!" and it's because,

He began to fear his fellow man, far more than his dream,
                 and those he thought he'd strive to help, he tied up and cast down stream.

And when he's old his fire is lost, and his wind has long been ceased,
                 now he has a cold iron will, which will never be released.

"What was my purpose?" he must have thought when the people cried out in shame,
                 "What I thought was free and right.....I guess.....I've truly lost my way."

"But I have not come this far, to simply back down and fail."
                 "I got the power all on my own, and I'll blaze my own trail."

What happened to the revolution? What happened to the dream? 
                  When did it change from being about the people, to only about me?

A prayer is said for those who fight, to change the world for good,
                  that they might not lose their way, like so many times before.

That money, power, and vein ambition, won't taint the original plan,
                  to lift each other from the mud, of the oppression, and abuse we've had.

No comments:

Post a Comment