Thursday, February 6, 2014
meloncholy
Beauty is such a big thing. You can find it almost anywhere and the more you become aware of it the more sweet it is. Experiences abroad in other countries learning other languages and becoming accustomed to other cultures and points of view has really opened my eyes. I became connected to worlds beyond my own and suddenly daily disappointments and letdowns seemed so small. As my world expanded I soon experiences of everyday life became so much more potent. People are so beautiful, and Culture is like a language in itself, a free expression of how the world is seen through the eyes of people. As my joy becomes greater through these connections so to does my pain. There is a sting, an inner silence that I feel as I read about the crisis and calamities of the world. To hear about the civil wars, civil unrests, and horrors of the very darkest of acts that people do to each other brings a sting to me. maybe it is because I now feel connected to them, they now suddenly matter. My house, my family, my country, and my friends are not the only components of my world anymore. My circle is bigger, it has adopted many more. I can't exist alone anymore, not now that I see we are all existing together. what rings in the life of one, echoes in the life of another. God sends rain on everyone as well as Sunshine and I am learning to give thanks for both. The sweetness of my joy is realized through the depth of pain and sorrow. There must be a reason for everything. Existence is to make sense and thus, there is sense to be made, even if we don't know until heaven.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment